Halloweeners

As a result of the many intertwining strands of fun, obligation, entertainment and pain currently afoot in our lives, this is late by a month now. I'm determined, however, to get this up before the next holiday, so I'll be brief (too late, I know). As Marc Anthony and Cleopatra, we made the rounds Halloween week. On Tuesday, I picked Christina up from work, where we changed into costume in the Teachers' Lounge before darting out to the car.

[caption id="attachment_150" align="aligncenter" width="720"]Before our failed attempt at sneaking out undetected. Before our failed attempt at sneaking out undetected.[/caption]

We were not quite fast enough to avoid being spotted by one of her students, who later noted that I had shut my cape in the door. Quite embarrassing, but, then, my garments generally hew much closer to my form than that. The Zeta Game Night consisted primarily of Bingo, Chips and Dip. I was much better at the Chips & Dip than I was at Bingo. Being both the youngest and male-est present, though, I wasn't exactly pining for the prizes, which I knew to consist primarily of spa sets compiled from Target's Dollar Spot. Our costumes went into hiding until Friday, when we finished up distributing candy to the youths who braved our punkin-lit path, and headed out to a party with less bingo and better snacks.

[caption id="attachment_151" align="aligncenter" width="720"]After the fete After the fete[/caption]

Christina, I believe, is generally used to the feeling of being the most dressed-up person in any given situation, be it the Post Office or High Tea, just as I've become comfortable knowing and relaying more information than is expected in most circumstances. However, excesses like mine are invisible until I open my mouth; hers are hard to hide. So it was at both our All Hallow's Week celebrations, I got a rare taste of being overdressed, being one of few in costume, and one of only two in something so elaborate. I'm not sure how she manages the burden of self-consciousness that comes with it, but m'lady looks great doing it.

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Man vs The Invisible Man, by Drew Edwards and Sergio Calvet

A Year on the Strida Evo 3

Halloween Man: Hallowtide, by Drew Edwards and Lucio Inzunza