The Livin's Easy

The solstice is still over a week away, but the good ol' summertime is rapidly ramping up around here. We've attended graduations, seen three films on the epic scale (Caspian: OK, Indy: Good, Iron Man: teh w1nz0rz!!one!), celebrated birthdays, watered our lawn for the first time ever, and visited a favorite raspas stand. This week I'm driving out to Beaumont for one of Christina's Zeta events.

Actually, that understates the oddness of this journey a bit: she's in charge of organizing activities for the husbands/boyfriends/"it's complicated"-s of her sorority sisters while they have Very Important Meetings. If there weren't any guys in attendance, she wouldn't be going; and if she wasn't, I wouldn't, but since we are, I get to be in on the fun (and, in fact, did much of the research for said "fun"). Since she's going, though, and it's a well-known fact that I happily accompany her hither and yon, her chapter, composed in large part of wily retirees, volunteered me to drive. So Thursday, think of me, as I will be piloting Christina and myself, along with a quartet of chatty grandmotherly types the several hours out to the petrobayous of far east Texas in a very large van.

That sojourn will not end summer, though, not by a longshot. We've plans to see and hear WC Clark at Central Market, renovate our backyard deck, and host a leg of my mother-in-law's family reunion. There'll also be more movies (and more visits to our beloved Alamo Drafthouse), music (the freer the better), a Very Important Test, some time in a noisy tube, and some more birthdays. Not quite enough to make Christina long for the lazy days of the school year, but an active season. I'll keep y'all posted.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year on the Strida Evo 3

Halloween Man vs The Invisible Man, by Drew Edwards and Sergio Calvet

Halloween Man: Hallowtide, by Drew Edwards and Lucio Inzunza