Setback

The road hasn't been without bumps, however. In the process of learning how to ride, I have been banged up more than I have been in quite some time. The day after my adventure in northeast Austin, full of confidence and stupidity, I tried to ride my brother's dual sport motorcycle. That went poorly, as I twisted the throttle and went nowhere fast while the bike flew out from under me, twisting my right knee and breaking its license plate holder. I promised not to touch a bike until the course. After flunking out the first time, I again got on Sean's bike. I did better that time, doing maneuvers in the back yard, until I lowsided onto my right shoulder, which hurt for weeks afterward. Most recently, once again full of confidence, I decided it was time to actually go somewhere on my scooter, as opposed to zipping around the parking lot and about the neighborhood. On my way to pick up IDW's Transformers: Infiltration #2, I panicked in mid-turn and laid my scooter down at about 15 mph. Of course, in the midst of my panic, I put my left foot down, and promptly twisted the living hell out of that knee. I'm on crutches for a few weeks at least, and my poor scooter, scarcely injured in the crash, must now sit idle while I heal.

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Man vs The Invisible Man, by Drew Edwards and Sergio Calvet

A Year on the Strida Evo 3

Halloween Man: Hallowtide, by Drew Edwards and Lucio Inzunza